Monday, March 20, 2017

Time of Birds


I was foraging for cleavers and driftwood when I came across the pile of orange feathers! 
 An unfortunate  Flicker became someone's supper, but the feathers remained my gift!  
They were like the colors of this evening's sunset behind the holy mountain. 
  
Canyon Wren
I've been painting birds on found bark.  I enjoy searching for unique driftwood along
  Lake Lawton's shore and now have a long list of favorite birds I'd like to paint, 
perhaps a skunk will be included also.  :)

Pileated Woodpecker

Happy Springtime folks!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, now you've really done it.
    I. Love. This.
    Bark art! 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feathers are always a gift. And I love the painted birds. Canyon wrens are one of my favorites! Beautiful work!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. those paintings!! and the feathers, truly a gift..!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That orange feathers look amazing! <3 I have found another jay feather two days ago, my feather collection is getting big, haha! Painting on driftwood – what a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love painting on scrap or repurposed wood but I never thought about doing it on drift wood. Very good job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love painting on scrap or repurposed wood but I never thought about doing it on drift wood. Very good job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete